About Island Sexual Health
The Island Sexual Health Society is a non-profit agency that has served the Greater Victoria, Vancouver Island, and Gulf Islands communities since 1969. ISHS was formerly a part of Planned Parenthood, and became an independent society in 1986.
We run sexual health clinics that are open to everyone. Call us for an appointment.
Our confidential services include:
- Sexually Transmitted Infection testing, treatment, management, vaccination and support
- Pap, pelvic, genital and testicular exams
- Affordable Birth Control
- Specialized IUD insertion clinic (at our Quadra St. location)
- Pregnancy Testing and Supported Decision Making
- Emergency Contraception
- Free Condoms and Lube
- Education and Information
Our vision statement
Island Sexual Health Society envisions a diverse community that celebrates healthy sexuality throughout life.
Our mission statement
Island Sexual Health Society leads in delivering exemplary sexual health services to South Vancouver Island. Through the provision of clinical care and educations, we:
- empower individuals to make choices that enhance their sexual wellbeing;
- provide all inclusive services and resources that support sexual health;
- celebrate diversity of sexual expression.
Island Sexual Health Society defines sexual health as a state of physical, emotional, mental, and societal well-being related to sexuality.
You can help ISHS
You can support the Island Sexual Health Society by: