The Approachable and Knowledgeable Adult
We get asked all the time to recommend sexual health resources and there are no shortage of great choices available! Here’s a list of our current favourite books. Many are available to borrow through your local libraries and also to purchase through booksellers. If you have a title, you’d like to add, please let us know as we’re always on the lookout for awesome resources.
The Approachable Adult workshop can be tailored to meet the needs of specific groups (Pre-school through High School and Professionals) and will include the following information:
- Stages of childhood sexual development & what children should know at each stage
- Teaching tips and specific examples of ways to explain bodies & body processes
- Strategies for answering the tough questions youth ask
- Tips for incorporating family values, beliefs, religion, and culture into sexuality education
- Resources for parents to review and information to take home
See also our tips for parents talking to kids about sexual health. Refer to our Parent Education Workshop Brochure [pdf] for more information or contact Jennifer Gibson 250-592-3479 x204 to discuss your group’s education needs.