The Approachable and Knowledgeable Adult
The Approachable Adult workshop can be tailored to meet the needs of specific groups (Pre-school through High School and Professionals) and will include the following information:
- Stages of childhood sexual development & what children should know at each stage
- Teaching tips and specific examples of ways to explain bodies & body processes
- Strategies for answering the tough questions youth ask
- Tips for incorporating family values, beliefs, religion, and culture into sexuality education
- Resources for parents to review and information to take home
See also our tips for parents talking to kids about sexual health. Refer to our Parent Education Workshop Brochure [pdf] for more information or contact Jennifer Gibson 250-592-3479 x204 to discuss your group’s education needs.
We get asked all the time to recommend sexual health resources and there are no shortage of great choices available! Here’s a list of our current favourite books. Many are available to borrow through your local libraries and also to purchase through booksellers. If you have a title, you’d like to add, please let us know as we’re always on the lookout for awesome resources.