Confidential STI/STD tests in Victoria BC
Anyone who has sexual contact is at risk for contracting a sexually transmitted infection (STI, also called STD).
Call us to take advantage of our sexual health services. We offer:
- Confidential STI tests in Victoria, BC
- Infection treatment and support
- Everything you need to know about protecting yourself
- Condoms and other supplies for safer sex
More about STI tests
When to get STI tests
We recommend that everyone get tested for sexually transmitted infections:
- whenever you have a new partner (we encourage all partners to come in for testing)
- with your regular check up
- if ever you have symptoms such as sores, abnormal discharge, mid-cycle bleeding or discomfort. Remember that many infections do not produce symptoms.
Make an appointment to get tested.
What happens when I get tested?
All our testing services are confidential. We offer non-nominal (no name required) tests for HIV.
Regular STI screening may include the following tests:
- Urine for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- Swab of an area (rectal/oral/vaginal) for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea – this may be done through self-swab (no exam needed)
- Swab of vaginal area for Trichomoniasis – this may also be done through self-swab (no exam needed)
- Swabs of any active sores for Herpes and Syphilis
- Blood sample for Hepatitis, Syphilis, and HIV
- Visual for any unusual lumps, bumps, rashes or other symptoms
Learn about different STIs
- Crabs (pubic lice) and scabies
- Genital herpes (Herpes Simplex Virus, HSV)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, genital warts)
- HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Trichomoniasis (“Trich”)
We also provide testing and treatment for these common infections.