Confidential STI/STD tests in Victoria BC
Anyone who has sexual contact is at risk for catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI, also called STD).
Call us to take advantage of our sexual health services. We offer:
- Confidential STI tests in Victoria, BC
- Infection treatment and support
- Everything you need to know about protecting yourself
- Condoms and other supplies for safer sex
More about STI tests
When to get STI tests
We recommend that everyone get tested for sexually transmitted infections:
- whenever you have a new partner (we encourage all partners to come in for testing)
- with your annual check up
- if ever you have symptoms such as sores, abnormal discharge, mid-cycle bleeding or discomfort. Remember that many infections do not produce symptoms.
Make an appointment to get tested.
What happens when I get tested?
All our testing services are confidential. We can offer non-nominal (no name required) tests for HIV.
Complete STI testing may include:
- Urine sample for chlamydia and gonorrhea ( Urethral/vaginal swabs are often not necessary)
- Vaginal swabs for trichomoniasis
- Throat swab for chlaymdia and gonorrhea
- Rectal swab for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Blood sample for hepatitis, syphilis, and HIV
- Swabs of any active sores or lesions (herpes and syphilis)
- Visual exam
Learn about different STIs
- Crabs (pubic lice) and scabies
- Genital herpes (Herpes Simplex Virus, HSV)
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV, genital warts)
- HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Trichomoniasis (“Trich”)
We also provide testing and treatment for these common infections.