Providing sexual health care for all people and additional primary care delivery for priority populations.
Comprehensive, affirming workshops and training for youth, allied adults, and professionals designed to meet your unique learning needs.
Our store offers a variety of products to affirm gender expression, promote sexual health, and increase pleasure.
Your Choices. Your Well-being. You.
Since 1969, we’ve been here to support you with your sexual wellness, education and product needs through all stages of your life.
We’re very excited about our transition into a community health care centre. While our priority focus remains on sexual health care and education, becoming a community health care centre will allow us to offer additional health care services to prioritized clients.
We are working hard to finalize our care plan, assemble our health care team and complete our clinic renovations. Please check back here for more information on additional services in the coming months.
We’re here to help you.
As a community health care centre, we offer pro-choice and comprehensive sexual health clinics, education programs and products for people of all genders, orientations, abilities, and ages in Greater Victoria, BC in the unceded traditional territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. In Spring 2021, we will be adding primary care services for priority population clients. We are a non-profit organization that is also a registered charity.
Care, support, information
At Island Sexual Health, our job is to provide you the most current and relevant information, services, and products that help you better understand your sexual and/or reproductive health needs and make the best choices for your sexual wellness.
We understand that sexual wellness evolves over a lifetime and to support your evolving care needs, we offer inclusive, pro-choice, and sex positive services for people of all genders, orientations, abilities, and ages.
Get the education that meets your needs
Since 1986, we have offered well respected comprehensive sexual health education programming to Greater Victoria communities. We offer sexual health education programming to schools (gr 4-University), as well as workshops for community groups, parents, educators and other community members.
The store offers a variety of affordable products to affirm gender expression, sexual health, and pleasure in a safe, comfortable space with knowledgeable staff. Watch out for our new online shopping platform to be launched in the coming months.
Accessing care with current COVID-19 protocols
Since the beginning of COVID ISH has worked hard to maintain access to our important services. Due to limitations to on site service delivery and the significant increase in calls we are receiving we recognize that it can, at times, be difficult and frustrating to get through on our phone lines. Please be assured we are doing everything possible to try and address these concerns and improve access to appointments. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times.
- NEW clients can use this online portal or call us at 250-592-3479 to set up an appointment. We strongly encourage clients to register for the portal when booking your initial appointment through our new online portal booking system, this allows you to take advantage of all the features the portal has to offer.
- RETURNING clients can use this online portal to book an initial assessment appointment with a nurse or doctor. We are currently initially assessing all clients via phone or video appointment to develop a personalized healthcare plan. We strongly encourage clients to register for the portal when booking your initial appointment through our new online portal booking system, this allows you to take advantage of all the features the portal has to offer.
- If you’ve been told it’s necessary for you to follow up with our clinic for an additional appointment for examination, etc., please call us 250-592-3479 to book a second in-clinic appointment for you.
- If we have booked an in-clinic appointment with you; we require you to wear a mask for your protection for your entire visit. If you do not have one with you we will provide one for you to wear during your time in our clinic. We are committed to your safety and are working within our Worksafe BC plan (PDF) to ensure your visit to our clinic is as safe and comfortable as possible
Supply/Medication Pick Up
- We offer product pickup between 12-4pm Monday – Saturday. You are welcome to pick up testing kits/ treatment medications at our Quadra Street clinic Monday- Saturday between 9 am-4 pm. We are CLOSED Sunday and Statutory Holidays.
- Please follow the instructions posted on the outside of our clinic when you arrive.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to gradually return to in person care. We understand that these are challenging times as we all try to balance the health and safety of our community with the need to return to full and healthy living. What this looks like varies from person to person and from business to business. The current service model at Island Sexual Health (virtual visits, limited in-person care) is based on the guidelines for health care providers that we have received from the Provincial Health Officer, Worksafe BC, and the Doctors of BC. We look forward to increasing our service levels as soon as is recommended by these authorities.