Providing sexual health care for all people and additional primary care delivery for priority populations.
Comprehensive, affirming workshops and training for youth, allied adults, and professionals designed to meet your unique learning needs.
Our store offers a variety of products to affirm gender expression, promote sexual health, and increase pleasure.
Your Choices. Your Well-being. You.
Since 1969, we’ve been here to support you with your sexual wellness, education and product needs through all stages of your life.
We’re very excited about our transition into a community health care centre. While our priority focus remains on sexual health care and education, becoming a community health care centre allows us to offer additional health care services to specific client populations.
We’re here to help you.
As a community health care centre, we offer pro-choice and comprehensive sexual health clinics, education programs and products for people of all genders, orientations, abilities, and ages in Greater Victoria, BC in the unceded traditional territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. We also offer primary care attachment for priority population clients. We are a non-profit organization that is also a registered charity.
Care, support, information
At Island Sexual Health, our job is to provide you the most current and relevant information, services, and products that help you better understand your sexual and/or reproductive health needs and make the best choices for your sexual wellness.
We understand that sexual wellness evolves over a lifetime and to support your evolving care needs, we offer inclusive, pro-choice, and sex positive services for people of all genders, orientations, abilities, and ages.
Get the education that meets your needs
Since 1986, we have offered well respected comprehensive sexual health education programming to Greater Victoria communities. We offer sexual health education programming to schools (gr 4-University), as well as workshops for community groups, parents, educators and other community members.
The store offers a variety of affordable products to affirm gender expression, sexual health, and pleasure in a safe, comfortable space with knowledgeable staff.
To access care, a new or returning client books an appointment by calling 250-592-3479. We do recognize that our phone lines are extremely busy and that it can, at times, be difficult and frustrating to get through. Please be assured we are doing everything possible to try and address these concerns and improve access to appointments. We appreciate your patience.
- Both New and Returning clients can call us at 250-592-3479 to set up an appointment. Please be aware our phone lines are busy and we are doing the very best we can to minimize wait times and access.
- We are currently utilizing both phone/video appointments for many consultation appointments (including bleed/birth control prescriptions and some medication renewals, intake STI screening, etc.) and in-person appointments for services which require an exam or procedure.
- If you have an in-clinic appointment, we ask that you wear a mask while in attendance.
Supply/Medication Pick Up
- We offer product pickup between 12-4pm Monday – Friday. You are welcome to pick up testing kits/ treatment medications at our Quadra Street clinic Monday-Friday between 9 am-4 pm. We are CLOSED Weekends and Provincial and Federal Statutory Holidays as well as days in lieu of.
- Please follow the instructions posted on the outside of our clinic when you arrive.