ISH is a community health care centre
Our job at Island Sexual Health is to provide you with the most current and relevant support through clinical services, education and products to help your sexual health. We understand that sexual wellness evolves over a lifetime and to support your evolving care needs, we offer inclusive, pro-choice, and sex positive services for people of all genders, orientations, abilities, and ages in Greater Victoria, BC on the territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. While our priority focus remains on sexual health care and education, becoming a community health care centre will allow us to offer additional health care services to prioritized clients.
Our clinical care team
At Island Sexual Health, we are proud to work with an exceptional care team of doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses to provide the very best in client centred care for all people in Greater Victoria. Our team members are dedicated to the provision of innovative, inclusive, and client led sexual health care. All of our clinic locations follow practice standards set by Ministry of Health, BC College of Physicians and Surgeons, The BC College of Nursing Professionals, BCCDC, BC Cancer Agency and Island Health. We provide referrals for our clients who require the services of specialized medical care such as gynecology, urology, sexual medicine, physiotherapy, etc. We are also proud to be a teaching facility for the University of British Columbia’s Island Medical Program which means we offer training to medical school residents.
Our sexual health services
- Cervical (pap) screening
- Pelvic, genital and testicular exams
- Gender Affirming Care (Hormonal and Surgical Assessment/Access and Monitoring 16+)
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Care including prevention (PrEP for qualifying clients), vaccination, testing, treatment, and support
- Lower Cost Birth/Bleed Control Prescriptions and sales for in-clinic prescriptions
- Emergency Contraception including Emergency Copper IUD insertions
- IUD Insertions and Removals
- Pregnancy Testing and pro-choice supported decision making
- Free Condoms/Lube and Bleed Control Supplies
- In clinic store that offers gender affirming apparel, pleasure and sexual health products.
How to book an appointment
You do not require a referral from another health care professional to use our services. We are an appointment based clinic. At this time we are unable to support walk-in appointments.
Since the beginning of COVID, we have been working hard to maintain access to our essential services. Due to limitations around on site service delivery and the significant increase in calls we are receiving we recognize that it can, at times, be difficult and frustrating to try and get through on our phone lines. Please be assured we are doing everything possible to try and address these concerns and improve access to appointments. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times.
Private, non-judgmental, pro-choice
All of our services are private, non-judgmental, and pro-choice; for everyone, all of the time.