About Island Sexual Health
The Island Sexual Health Society is a non-profit agency that has served the Greater Victoria, Vancouver Island, and Gulf Islands communities since 1969. ISHS was formerly a part of Planned Parenthood, and became an independent society in 1986. We are privileged to provide clinical and education services to more than 30,000 people in Greater Victoria yearly.
We run sexual health clinics that are open to everyone. Call us for an appointment.
Our confidential services include:
- Pap, pelvic, genital and testicular exams
- Breast and chest exams
- Sexually Transmitted Infection prevention including PrEP and vaccination access, testing, treatment, management, and support
- Gender Affirming Care (Hormone assessment/access/renewals and surgical assessment and followup). *Please note that only GAC is limited to clients 16+ years.
- Lower Cost Birth/Bleed Control
- Specialized IUD insertions including emergency copper insertion (at our Quadra St. location)
- Pregnancy Testing and Pro-Choice Supported Decision Making
- Emergency Contraception (Access to Emergency Contraceptive Pill [such as Ella and levonorgesterol] and Copper IUD insertion)
- Free condoms and lube and bleed control supplies such as tampons and pads
- Education and Information
- Pleasure Products and community education workshops
Our vision statement
Island Sexual Health Society envisions a diverse community that celebrates healthy sexuality throughout life.
Our mission statement
Island Sexual Health Society leads in delivering exemplary sexual health services to South Vancouver Island. Through the provision of clinical care and education, we:
- empower individuals to make choices that enhance their sexual wellbeing;
- provide all inclusive services and resources that support sexual health;
- celebrate diversity of sexual expression.
Island Sexual Health Society defines sexual health as a state of physical, emotional, mental, and societal well-being related to sexuality.
Statement of Solidarity Against Racism
As an organization, Island Sexual Health recognizes our individual and collective responsibility to listen, reflect, and act to better stand in solidarity against racism. We levy our privilege and strengths to follow through our intentions with action and accountability. We continue to uphold the work of individuals and organizations that have worked tirelessly to dismantle systems of injustice and harm with integrity, responsibility, and intention. As always, we welcome suggestions to help us continue on our paths of learning in order to improve our practice, but recognize it’s ultimately also our responsibility to act.
You can help ISHS
You can support the Island Sexual Health Society by: