If you are pregnant and you do not wish to continue the pregnancy, abortion is a legal option in canada.
We offer abortion information in Greater Victoria, BC. Make an appointment to speak to one of our nurses for support and more information.
Many people have strong feelings about abortion and consequently there is a lot of misinformation about it.
It is important to have accurate and non-biased facts before you make your decision. If you want more unbiased information or pro-choice support call Pregnancy Options Service at 1-888-875-3163
Here in British Columbia:
- You can have an abortion at any age, provided the physician determines that you understand the risks and benefits of this decision.
- The cost of surgical abortion is covered by the Medical Services Plan in BC if you have health care coverage. You will need your Care Care Number to book an appointment. Medication costs will be extra.
- There are two different options available for a medical or medication abortion in Canada: mifepristone with misoprostol or methotrexate with misoprostol. These are options for pregnancies dating 7 weeks or less.
- Abortion services are completely confidential at any age. A person does not need the permission of anyone else (parent, partner) to access an abortion.
- You can get an abortion up to 24 weeks into your pregnancy.
- Vancouver Island Women’s Clinic has further information.
- You can contact the CARE program at 604-875-2022 or Toll Free 1-888-300-3088 ext. 2022
- CARE Program
Outside of BC
- NAF provides comprehensive listings of clinical care for abortions in North America. You can also call 1-800-772-9100.
Online Pregnancy Options Workbook
- This is a great online resource that helps a person to explore their feelings and options around pregnancy.