We offer abortion information in Greater Victoria, BC. Make an appointment to speak to one of our nurses for support and more information. A person does not require a referral to access an abortion; they can self refer to a service provider
Many people have strong feelings, beliefs and opinions about abortion and consequently there is a lot of misinformation about it. It is essential to have accurate and non-biased facts before you make your decision. We are an organization that provides unbiased, information and support on all pregnancy options including abortion. We believe and work within a pro-choice/all-choice philosophy which means it is a person’s right to determine and make the choice to address a pregnancy with the option that they feel best fits their situation.
If you want more unbiased information or pro-choice support call Pregnancy Options Service at 1-888-875-3163
Here in British Columbia:
- You can have an abortion at any age, provided the physician determines that you understand the risks and benefits of this decision.
- The cost of surgical abortion is covered by the Medical Services Plan in BC if you have health care coverage. As of January 15, 2017 the cost of medical abortion will also be covered You will need your Care Care Number to book an appointment. Medication costs will be extra. If you do not have health care coverage, there will be fees attached.
- There are two different options available for a medical or medication abortion in Canada: mifepristone with misoprostol or methotrexate with misoprostol. These are options for pregnancies dating 7 weeks or less.
- Abortion services are completely confidential at any age. A person does not need the permission of anyone else (parent, partner, family) to access an abortion or information about abortion.
- You can get an abortion up to 24 weeks into your pregnancy.
- Vancouver Island Women’s Clinic has further information.
- You can contact the CARE program at 604-875-2022 or Toll Free 1-888-300-3088 ext. 2022
- CARE Program
Outside of BC
- NAF provides comprehensive listings of clinical care for abortions in North America. You can also call 1-800-772-9100.
Online Pregnancy Options Workbook
- This is a great online resource that helps a person to explore their feelings and options around pregnancy.