Sexual Health Centre Locations and Hours
***CLINIC SERVICES UPDATE***
Please see below for information on appointments and supply/medication pick up.
We ask all new and returning clients to call us at 250-592-3479 or use our online portal to book a consult appointment.
**If you have been seen by phone/video by one of our doctors since March 16, 2020 and were told that you need an exam, we now have availability for in-person appointments – please call us directly to book. Otherwise, you will need to see one of our providers via a phone or video appointment to make a plan for your care needs.**
If we have booked an in-clinic follow-up appointment with you; we require you to wear a mask for your protection for your entire visit. If you do not have one; you can find instructions to make a homemade mask here or we will provide one for you to wear during your time in our clinic.
Supply/Medication Pick Up
Please follow the instructions posted on the outside of our clinic when you arrive if you are picking up supplies. Our clinic is accessible 9-4 pm Monday-Friday and Saturdays 11-3 pm for supply/medication pick up. We are closed Sundays.
Our satellite clinics (Camosun, Tsawout and Royal Bay) are CLOSED and clients of these locations are asked to call our main clinic location at 250-592-3479 to access supplies/service.
If you currently feel unwell; have a cough; fever; difficulty breathing; recent out of country travel; or other risk factors for COVID-19 you are asked NOT to attend our clinic for any reason. Please call us 250-592-3479 to make arrangements for your sexual health care via telemedicine.
Island Sexual Health is an appointment based clinic and is NOT a testing site for Covid-19. If you are concerned about symptoms, or have questions about your risk or how to protect yourself and others, please see the Island Health website
We appreciate your patience and support.
Read on to find out what to bring and what to expect. Or contact us.
If there are unexpected changes to our clinic hours, please visit our Facebook page for the latest updates.
- Victoria clinic (101-3960 Quadra Street, near McKenzie and across from Bottle Depot and White Spot)
- Camosun College clinic (Top Floor, Richmond House – Lansdowne Campus)
- Royal Bay School Clinic (In Royal Bay High School open for use by students in SD 62 )
- Tsawout QOM, QEM SLANI First Nations Clinic (For everyone from the 4 Saanich First Nations, in the Tsawout health building)
Victoria location (#101-3960 Quadra Street)
Hours of Operation
**UPDATED due to COVID-19 RESPONSE**
- Monday: 9 am – 4 pm
- Tuesday: 9 am -4 pm
- Wednesday: 9 am -4 pm
- Thursday: 9 am – 4 pm
- Friday: 9 am – 4 pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday and Statutory Holidays: CLOSED
Please note phones are not monitored between 12-1pm Monday-Friday. Please contact us outside of these hours within our above stated operating hours.
We experience high call volume and appreciate your patience. Please note that if all of our incoming lines are occupied, you will receive a busy signal. Please try again later. Generally speaking, we experience the highest call volume early in the day.
You are also welcome to use our online booking system
We operate on a booked appointment clinic. We do our very best to ensure wait times are minimal but sometimes it is beyond our control. Please take this into consideration if you do not have a booked appointment and you are wanting to be seen as a drop-in appointment.
Please call us with any questions about booked appointments: 250-592-3479. Find us.
Camosun College Clinic Hours (CLOSED until September 2020)
***Services and clients are redirected to our Quadra St. clinic.*** Please call 250-592-3479 during closure to access services.
Camosun Clinic Hours (Closed until September 2020:
- Thursdays from 10-4:00 pm. Find us. Our Camosun clinic is opening for the school year on September 13th with the usual closures over Winter break and Reading week . Clients are also welcome to access services and supplies through our Quadra Street clinic during closures.
Drop-in appointments welcome at our Camosun College Clinic! Please note that this location is not wheelchair accessible – it is only accessible by stairs. You do not need to be a Camosun student to use this service – everyone is welcome.
Royal Bay High School Clinic ***Services and clients are redirected to our Quadra St. clinic. during COVID response*** Call us 250-592-3479. More details below.
If you are a patient of our Royal Bay clinic and you need birth control or other sexual health services, you can call us at (250) 592-3479 to make an appointment. Please note that most of our appointments are being done by phone or video, so you can be seen in your home.
Birth/Bleed control must be picked up in person and depo shots are done inside our clinic by appointment.
If you are unable to make it to our main clinic to pick up birth/bleed control, there are several other options to access care:
Youth Clinics in the West Shore:
- Westshore Health Unit – 345 Wale Rd, Colwood
- Wednesdays 1:00 – 2:30: Sexual Health Services (birth control, STI testing, pregnancy testing, etc.) by appointment only 250-519-3490. There is a cost for birth control.
- Sooke Health Unit – 6672 Wadams Way, Sooke
- Thursdays 10:00 – 11:30: Sexual Health Services (birth control, STI testing, pregnancy testing, etc.) by appointment only 250-519-3487. There is a cost for birth control.
- Belmont Wellness Center – virtual visits
- Tuesdays Dr. Boe 9:30 – 1:00: She will be working out of Belmont offering virtual visits for youth. Any client who has an urgent need can see her at Belmont during this time. Appointments can be made by calling 250-519-3580
- Fridays Shyla Genoway, NP 9:00 – 3:30: She will be working out of Belmont offering virtual visits for youth. Any client who has an urgent need can see her at Belmont during this time. Appointments can be made by calling 250-519-3580
- Our Royal Bay High School Clinic is open Wednesdays from 11:30-3:30 pm in ROOM 1174A the Neighbourhood Learning Centre (access via outside entrance near portables to the side of main school entrance). This clinic is generously supported through funding from the United Way of Greater Victoria.
The clinic is open to all students currently enrolled in SD 62 and operates on a drop-in basis with a nurse providing sexual health care and education. Students can be excused from class with a late slip.
- Royal Bay students can be excused from class with a late slip. All services are provided in a private and comfortable space at no cost.
QOM, QEM SLANI Tsawout First Nations Clinic
***SERVICES REDIRECTED to our Quadra St clinic DURING COVID RESPONSE*** Please call us 250-592-3479 to access services.
- Tsawout Health Department at 7728 Tetayut Road
- Open to anyone from the 4 Saanich First Nations’ communities
We offer a sexual health clinic at Tsawout the 1st Wednesday of the month between 5-8 pm on a drop-in basis with a nurse providing sexual health care and education. Check out the Tsawout facebook page for any changes to the schedule. All services are confidential and free. This clinic is generously supported through funding from the United Way of Greater Victoria.
How to find our Quadra clinic (Open Year Round)
Our office is located on the ground floor in The Quadra Centre building across the street from the White Spot near McKenzie. Our centre is located on the far left side of the building on the ground floor. Free 2 hr client parking is available in front of the building.
There is also a large bike rack available for clients in front of the main entrance to the building.
Suggested buses to take:
How to find our Camosun clinic (Closed through September 2020)
We are located on the top floor of the Richmond House building. We close for Winter Break and Reading Week and from April-September. Existing clients are welcome to access services at Quadra Street during closures.
Richmond House is set between Richmond Road and the Fisher building (the bookstore and cafeteria building).
Suggested buses to take:
- #4 UVic/Downtown via Hillside
- #7 UVic/Gonzales/Downtown
- #8 Interurban/Tillicum Mall/Oak Bay
- #14 Vic General/UVic
View Larger Map
Lansdowne Campus, Top Floor, Richmond House
(Brown House near Daycare on the corner of Argyle and Richmond Rd)
How to find our Tsawout Clinic
View Larger Map
Suggested buses to take: