Join our Board of Directors!!
2018 August 10
Island Sexual Health Society is looking for 2 new Volunteer Board Directors
Summary of Position
ISHS is seeking 2 new volunteer Board of Directors. This Director will be asked to attend at least 1 (one) meeting per month, more when committee meetings are deemed necessary. We are seeking candidates who are willing to make a minimum 2 year commitment. Directors at ISHS are automatically members of the society.
Directors are voting members of the Board of Directors and are jointly responsible for the governance of the organization. More specifically this includes determining and monitoring the mission, mandate and values; ensuring services meet the mission, mandate and values of ISHS; approving and monitoring strategic directions; ensuring the finances of ISHS are handled responsibly; and ensuring ISHS meets all of its legal obligations.
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and programs
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports and other documentation required to actively participate in them
- Attend meetings regularly
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs
- Avoid any potential conflicts of interest
- Understand and maintain confidentiality
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Participate in Board Committees as required
Please contact , Executive Director for further information.