Cervical Cancer Screening Awareness Campaign and Drop In Clinics
2013 October 15
EDUCATE| ACT | DONATE
Island Sexual Health (ISH) invites YOU to Take the Cervical Cancer Screening Challenge
If you have a cervix or know someone who does, then the ISH Cervical Cancer Screening Challenge is for YOU! Regular screening can reduce the risk of developing cervical cancer by 70% (BC Cancer Agency).
At Island Sexual Health, we’ve seen an increase in the number of clients booking pap tests. Last year our doctors and nurses provided over 4,000 cervical cancer screening tests (paps). Factors contributing to the increase are:
- ISH is the only dedicated comprehensive sexual health care service provider in Greater Victoria.
- Decrease in the number of family doctors and general practitioners accepting new patients or performing pap tests
- Increase in capacity in our new location to accept additional patients
So , Here’s how the challenge works:
1.EDUCATE yourself and others about the importance of cervical screening
2. ACT on that knowledge by getting screened, and
3. DONATE $33 dollars to the Island Sexual Health Society, to ensure that everyone with a cervix continues to have access to comprehensive education and screening services. Our fundraising campaign ends on November 15, 2013.
Island Sexual health offers full service pap tests and related sexual health services by appointment.
To ensure access to those without a family doctor or general practitioner and to commemorate this campaign, we are offering 2 drop in cervical cancer screening clinics at our Quadra Street clinic:
- Friday, October 25th, 12:30-3:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 6th, 10:00- 7:00.
To book your pap test appointment outside these hours please call 250-592-3479.